PROJECT NAME – CONTAINER FOOD COURT @ EGMORE (CHENNAI)
A small brief about the projects and the details of project in short
- It’s a commercial project and the site is located in the heart of the city very near to Chennai Egmore railway station.
- The site is of 5 grounds of land approximately.
- The main agenda of the client is to build a structure which is in a timeless frame and also is easy to demolish or dismantle or shift whenever or where ever necessary.
- Client wanted to put up a food chain kind of conceptual structure or a commercial rent out space.
- So we had decided to come up with an idea of a container based food street kind of space which was easily related to what he had in kind, and decided to go with it.
- Hence started working on the concept.
- 15 no’s of car parking space is allotted inside the space, as people can come park and eat and go as per convenience.
- And the bike park is also given beside.
- The site is a one way road and the entry access to the site is narrow.
- Each shop is rented out to tenants who can put up an eatery joints or restaurant outlets.
- 40feet x 8feet containers have been used.
- The no of outlets can be divided as per convenience.
- 15 to 16 no’s of containers have been used in the design.
Architect: tq+a Architects
2nd Award – Category: Commercial
Project Location: Chennai